State Fair Photo Slide Show: First Day of September! | Arts & Culture
The State Fair has come full circle. By that, I mean the cool, comfortable weather that started on opening day is back! In between, we had a stretch of hot and humid days, the likes of which we should not see rerturn anytime soon. The rest of the 2010 Great Minnesota Get-together will feel like Fall.
Some highlights on Wednesday afternoon at the KSTP fair building included Weird Al Yankovic and a surprise marriage proposal on Twin Cities Live. I'm a Weird Al fan, so it was great to see that the night's big Grandstand Act took some time to say hello to Elizabeth and John! And in case you're wondering, the woman that recieved a proposal on live TV did say "yes!"
Megan and I held down the fort at 4:30 and Leah, Bill, and Dave took the reins at 5. It's always such fun to meet our viewers at the Fair! Let's do it again Thursday!
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Firefighters Battle Blaze at Tire Business in South St. Paul
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- Soldier Surprise: Mom Overjoyed on 5th Anniversary of Son's Death
- Apple Valley Man Charged with Stealing $113k from his own Youth Sports Association
- Finance Manager Accused of Stealing $113K from Rosemount Area Athletic Association
- Commission Upholds Firing of 2 Mpls. Cops after 2013 Green Bay Incident
- Charity Golf Tournament in Maple Grove Giving Away BMW
- Minneapolis City Leaders Appeal for Calm after Arrest of Activist Al Flowers
- Cyclists, Walkers Take over Part of Central Ave. During 'Open Streets' Event
- Man Shot to Death after Argument on Mpls. Bus Identified