State Fair Photo Slide Show: First Day of September! | Arts & Culture
The State Fair has come full circle. By that, I mean the cool, comfortable weather that started on opening day is back! In between, we had a stretch of hot and humid days, the likes of which we should not see rerturn anytime soon. The rest of the 2010 Great Minnesota Get-together will feel like Fall.
Some highlights on Wednesday afternoon at the KSTP fair building included Weird Al Yankovic and a surprise marriage proposal on Twin Cities Live. I'm a Weird Al fan, so it was great to see that the night's big Grandstand Act took some time to say hello to Elizabeth and John! And in case you're wondering, the woman that recieved a proposal on live TV did say "yes!"
Megan and I held down the fort at 4:30 and Leah, Bill, and Dave took the reins at 5. It's always such fun to meet our viewers at the Fair! Let's do it again Thursday!
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Twin Cities Premium Outlets Announces 30 New Stores Ahead of Opening
- Future of the Mississippi River is up for Debate
- Fire Damages Roof of Inver Grove Heights Elementary School
- Man Leads Police on High Speed Chase on Rosemount Police Training Track
- Man Arrested Months after Woman's Body Found in Dakota County Woods