Mounds View Students Named Finalists in Federal Reserve Essay Contest | Business
Two Mounds View High School students were named finalists in a Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis essay contest.
The contest asked students, “What is the value of higher education?” Senior Nick Helgeson and junior Max Wang were named finalists for their answers, and Wang’s essay ended up taking third place.
Helgeson and Wang are both students in the high school’s AP Microeconomics class. They were among 30 high school finalists in the 24th annual competition.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- United Way Reminds Minnesotans to Use 2-1-1
- Chanhassen Approves Ordinance to Reduce Sex Trafficking at Massage Businesses
- Holiday Shoppers in West Suburbs can Take Public Transportation to MOA
- Minnesota-based 3D Printer Giants Gear Up for Patent Battle
- Carver County Kicks Off Program Aimed at Helping its Veterans
- Officials: Changes Already Planned for Road Where Lakeville Teen Died in Crash
- Police Search for Farmington Woman Missing Since Nov. 1
- Lakeville Teen Killed in Crash was Soccer Player, FCA Leader
- Snow Keeps Metro Emergency Rooms Busy with Weather-Related Injuries
- Sen. Al Franken Discusses College Affordability at Apple Valley Event
- Nicollet Mall Redesign Revealed, Public Weighs In
- Minneapolis Woman Pays Rent, Still Gets Evicted From Home
- Como Neighborhood Residents File Class Action Lawsuit Against General Mills
- Mayor Rybak Talks Finances for Parking Garage, Park Near Vikings Stadium
- Charter Commission Proposes Fee Hike to Run for Mpls. Mayor, City Positions