Big Lake Chamber Gears Up for Business Expo | Business
Mark your calendar now--organizers say the Big Lake Business Expo features a TV star, lots of great food, entertainment and plenty of exhibitors to look at.
The Big Lake Chamber of Commerce is organizing the Expo for March 6th from 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. at Big Lake High School. Chamber President Tricia Skodje says last year the event drew about 2,000 people. But she thinks there might be more this year, thanks to an appearance by Discovery Channel's "Storm Chaser," Reed Timmer.
Timmer will appear at a booth, selling and signing his book, "Into the Storm." Then, after the expo he will make a presentation about storm chasing. Tickets are $15 at the show. Timmer is donating his time and giving all the proceeds to the Wadena Relief Fund. Skodje says that's because "Storm Chaser's" film crews were first on the scene when a tornado hit Wadena last June.
For more information about the expo, click here.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Future of the Mississippi River is up for Debate
- Fire Damages Roof of Inver Grove Heights Elementary School
- Man Leads Police on High Speed Chase on Rosemount Police Training Track
- Man Arrested Months after Woman's Body Found in Dakota County Woods
- $1,000 Reward Offered in Mendota Heights Vandalism Cases
- North Mpls. Charter School Gets Upgrades During 'Annual Day of Volunteering'
- Shots Fired in Brooklyn Center SuperAmerica Parking Lot
- Minneapolis Police Shoot Dog During Unrelated Chase
- Plymouth to Host Groundbreaking Wednesday for I-494 Expansion Project
- Retail Exodus in Downtown Mpls. Continues Amid Residential Building Boom