Ramsey County Opens 1st Year-Round Medicine Drop-Off Program | Environment
They're going to accept all of your unwanted, expired and unused drugs from your medicine cabinet and get rid of them for you for free, year round.
Ramsey County kicked off its new collection program today.
The idea behind it, they say, is twofold: it's crime prevention--keeps the drugs out of the hands of kids and criminals, and it's one way to protect the environment--flushed down the toilet or thrown out in the trash, they can end up in lakes and streams and harm wildlife.
The county has set up two collection sites so far: the Law Enforcement Center, just north of I-94 and downtown St. Paul at 425 Grove Street, and the Sheriff's Patrol Station at 1411 Paul Kirkwold Drive in Arden Hills.
You can bring in prescription, over-the counter and pet medicines, IV bags, patches, powders, sprays creams and gels.
They should be kept in their original container so they can be identified, or put it in a plastic bag and with the name of the medication written on the bag.
They will not be accepting needles or sharps--those should be brought to Ramsey County's household hazardous waste site at 5 Empire Drive in St. Paul.
The program is confidential and officials recommend using a marker to cross out your name, if you want.
For more information, you can call 651-633-EASY (3279) or click here.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Burnsville Woman Accused of Cutting Brother with Knives over Wi-Fi Connection
- Federal, Local Officers Learn Hostage, Crisis Negotiation Techniques in Rosemount
- Two Charged in South St. Paul Drive-By Shooting
- Katy Perry Celebrates Kacey Musgraves' Birthday at Skateville
- Local Groups use Creative ways to Fight Hunger
- Former Robbinsdale Cooper Student Killed in Syria Fighting for ISIS
- Special City Council Meeting Called for More Votes on SWLRT
- Former Minnesota Man Killed in Syria Fighting for ISIS
- Petition for Bird-Safe Glass in New Vikings Stadium Delivered to Gov. Dayton
- Osseo Teacher Surprised with National Teacher of the Year Award