St. Paul Winter Carnival Opens 11-Day Run | Events
It's time again for the "Coolest Celebration on Earth."
The 127th St. Paul Winter Carnival kicked off an 11-day run Thursday.
Opening day activities included the ice-carving competition in Rice Park and the illuminated moonglow pedestrian parade through downtown St. Paul in the evening.
The snow sculpture contest begins Friday, Jan. 25, at the State Fairgrounds. The 2013 King Boreas, Queen of the Snows and their royal court will be crowned that night at RiverCentre.
The King Boreas Grande Day Parade marches down West 7th Street on Saturday afternoon, Jan. 26. And the Vulcan Torchlight Parade will be held in downtown St. Paul on Saturday evening, Feb. 2.
All events are free and open to the public. The Winter Carnival runs through Feb. 3.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Well-known Hopkins Businessman Killed in Head-On Car Crash
- Final Four Bid for Minneapolis Gets Boost in Dallas
- Golden Valley Plans Meeting on Bottineau Light Rail
- Local 'High 5 Day' Effort Supports Boy with Cancer, Breaks World Record
- Woman Sentenced for Mailing Threatening Letters to Metro Post Offices<br />