St. Paul Winter Carnival Opens 11-Day Run | Events
It's time again for the "Coolest Celebration on Earth."
The 127th St. Paul Winter Carnival kicked off an 11-day run Thursday.
Opening day activities included the ice-carving competition in Rice Park and the illuminated moonglow pedestrian parade through downtown St. Paul in the evening.
The snow sculpture contest begins Friday, Jan. 25, at the State Fairgrounds. The 2013 King Boreas, Queen of the Snows and their royal court will be crowned that night at RiverCentre.
The King Boreas Grande Day Parade marches down West 7th Street on Saturday afternoon, Jan. 26. And the Vulcan Torchlight Parade will be held in downtown St. Paul on Saturday evening, Feb. 2.
All events are free and open to the public. The Winter Carnival runs through Feb. 3.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Future of the Mississippi River is up for Debate
- Fire Damages Roof of Inver Grove Heights Elementary School
- Man Leads Police on High Speed Chase on Rosemount Police Training Track
- Man Arrested Months after Woman's Body Found in Dakota County Woods
- $1,000 Reward Offered in Mendota Heights Vandalism Cases
- Additional Police in North, South Mpls. through Labor Day
- North Mpls. Charter School Gets Upgrades During 'Annual Day of Volunteering'
- Shots Fired in Brooklyn Center SuperAmerica Parking Lot
- Minneapolis Police Shoot Dog During Unrelated Chase
- Plymouth to Host Groundbreaking Wednesday for I-494 Expansion Project