Belle Plaine Man Dies in Highway 169 Crash | News
A 34-year-old Belle Plaine man is dead after a crash on Highway 169 at Highway 282 around midnight Tuesday.
According to the Minnesota State Patrol, Tony Ess was driving a 2000 Ford Super Duty north on Highway 169 when he stopped at a green light.
Vernon Nelson, 79, of Sioux Falls was driving a 2004 Volvo, and was unable to stop. He rear ended the truck. It was pushed into the right ditch, and landed upside down.
Ess died in the crash, and Nelson sustained minor injuries. Additional details have not been released.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Twin Cities Premium Outlets Announces 30 New Stores Ahead of Opening
- Future of the Mississippi River is up for Debate
- Fire Damages Roof of Inver Grove Heights Elementary School
- Man Leads Police on High Speed Chase on Rosemount Police Training Track
- Man Arrested Months after Woman's Body Found in Dakota County Woods