Belle Plaine Man Dies in Highway 169 Crash | News
A 34-year-old Belle Plaine man is dead after a crash on Highway 169 at Highway 282 around midnight Tuesday.
According to the Minnesota State Patrol, Tony Ess was driving a 2000 Ford Super Duty north on Highway 169 when he stopped at a green light.
Vernon Nelson, 79, of Sioux Falls was driving a 2004 Volvo, and was unable to stop. He rear ended the truck. It was pushed into the right ditch, and landed upside down.
Ess died in the crash, and Nelson sustained minor injuries. Additional details have not been released.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sentencing of South St. Paul Man in Murder of Minn. National Guardsman Delayed
- West. St. Paul Students to Plant Trees at Schools, Homes Ahead of Earth Day
- Twin Cities Mothers Combat Postpartum Depression
- Burnsville Fire Department Looks to Improve Response Times
- A Look Inside the Twin Cities Premium Outlets in Eagan
- Minn. Families See Small Hope in New Wis. Medical Marijuana Law
- 13 Hospitalized After Metro Bus Knocks Down Pedestrian in Downtown Mpls.
- St. Paul Police Reviewing Archbishop Deposition
- Metro Transit: Light Rail Trains Among Most Energy Efficient in Country
- Mpls. Not in Running to Host 2016 DNC Convention