Belle Plaine Man Dies in Highway 169 Crash | News
A 34-year-old Belle Plaine man is dead after a crash on Highway 169 at Highway 282 around midnight Tuesday.
According to the Minnesota State Patrol, Tony Ess was driving a 2000 Ford Super Duty north on Highway 169 when he stopped at a green light.
Vernon Nelson, 79, of Sioux Falls was driving a 2004 Volvo, and was unable to stop. He rear ended the truck. It was pushed into the right ditch, and landed upside down.
Ess died in the crash, and Nelson sustained minor injuries. Additional details have not been released.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- United Way Reminds Minnesotans to Use 2-1-1
- Chanhassen Approves Ordinance to Reduce Sex Trafficking at Massage Businesses
- Holiday Shoppers in West Suburbs can Take Public Transportation to MOA
- Minnesota-based 3D Printer Giants Gear Up for Patent Battle
- Carver County Kicks Off Program Aimed at Helping its Veterans
- Changes to Road Were Planned Before Crash that Killed Lakeville Teen
- Police Search for Farmington Woman Missing Since Nov. 1
- Lakeville Teen Killed in Crash was Soccer Player, FCA Leader
- Snow Keeps Metro Emergency Rooms Busy with Weather-Related Injuries
- Sen. Al Franken Discusses College Affordability at Apple Valley Event
- Minneapolis City Council Creates Committee, Ordinance to Combat Sex Trafficking
- Remembering Mandela's Visit to Minneapolis
- Eden Prairie Man Charged with 3 Counts of Criminal Vehicular Homicide for Crash that Killed Friend
- 1 Dead After Car Goes Over Guardrail on Highway 169
- Minneapolis Police to Host Safety Walk for UMinn. Students