Carver Couple Wants More Control of Their Kids' Food | News
Jen and Keith Gorney have chosen to serve their children raw milk from a local farmer. They've also chosen to send two of their kids to an Eden Prairie daycare for half day sessions. They didn't realize those choices would work against each other.
The Gorneys learned that USDA guidelines require centers that serve meals to serve pasteurized milk with those meals. The Gorneys wanted to bring water to serve as a substitute but that is not allowed.
They understand the daycare has no choice. If they do not follow guidelines they could lose their state license. Therefore, the Gorneys decided to contact their state senator. They told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS they hope something can change and don't understand why they cannot control what their kids eat and drink.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- World's 3rd Oldest Snow Monkey to Turn 31 at Minnesota Zoo
- Model Airplane Enthusiasts Seek Permission to Fly in Scott County
- 1 Person Hurt in Plane Accident at Airlake Airport in Lakeville
- Twin Cities Schools Launch Minnesota Thursdays to Feature Foods from Local Farms
- New U of M Study Links using a Doula and Reduction in C-Sections