Carver Couple Wants More Control of Their Kids' Food | News
Jen and Keith Gorney have chosen to serve their children raw milk from a local farmer. They've also chosen to send two of their kids to an Eden Prairie daycare for half day sessions. They didn't realize those choices would work against each other.
The Gorneys learned that USDA guidelines require centers that serve meals to serve pasteurized milk with those meals. The Gorneys wanted to bring water to serve as a substitute but that is not allowed.
They understand the daycare has no choice. If they do not follow guidelines they could lose their state license. Therefore, the Gorneys decided to contact their state senator. They told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS they hope something can change and don't understand why they cannot control what their kids eat and drink.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sentencing of South St. Paul Man in Murder of Minn. National Guardsman Delayed
- West. St. Paul Students to Plant Trees at Schools, Homes Ahead of Earth Day
- Twin Cities Mothers Combat Postpartum Depression
- Burnsville Fire Department Looks to Improve Response Times
- A Look Inside the Twin Cities Premium Outlets in Eagan
- Minn. Families See Small Hope in New Wis. Medical Marijuana Law
- 13 Hospitalized After Metro Bus Knocks Down Pedestrian in Downtown Mpls.
- St. Paul Police Reviewing Archbishop Deposition
- Metro Transit: Light Rail Trains Among Most Energy Efficient in Country
- Mpls. Not in Running to Host 2016 DNC Convention