Carver Couple Wants More Control of Their Kids' Food | News
Jen and Keith Gorney have chosen to serve their children raw milk from a local farmer. They've also chosen to send two of their kids to an Eden Prairie daycare for half day sessions. They didn't realize those choices would work against each other.
The Gorneys learned that USDA guidelines require centers that serve meals to serve pasteurized milk with those meals. The Gorneys wanted to bring water to serve as a substitute but that is not allowed.
They understand the daycare has no choice. If they do not follow guidelines they could lose their state license. Therefore, the Gorneys decided to contact their state senator. They told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS they hope something can change and don't understand why they cannot control what their kids eat and drink.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- Soldier Surprise: Mom Overjoyed on 5th Anniversary of Son's Death
- Apple Valley Man Charged with Stealing $113k from his own Youth Sports Association
- Finance Manager Accused of Stealing $113K from Rosemount Area Athletic Association
- Twin Cities Premium Outlets Announces 30 New Stores Ahead of Opening
- Man Shot to Death after Bus Argument in Minneapolis Identified
- Woman Hit by Car, Killed near Lake Minnetonka was Wife of Driver
- Businesses, Bachelorettes Benefiting from Lifted Lake Minnetonka Wake Restrictions
- Doctor 'Proud' of Mpls. Teen Paralyzed in Drive-By Shooting
- Saturday is a Day of Bikes, Beer, and Entertainment