Shakopee Man Killed, 3 Injured in Chaska Crash | News
One person was killed and three others injured in a head-on crash in Chaska Friday evening.
The State Patrol says 40-year-old Martin Ballines Rios of Shakopee was killed when his compact car slammed into a pickup truck near Audubon Road and Wildwood Way around 7:20 p.m.
Authorities say Ballines Rios had been traveling southbound in the northbound lane of Audubon Road when the accident happened.
The driver of the pickup, 19-year-old Zachery Utecht of Victoria, and two passengers, 20-year-old Mallary Whittaker of Chaska and 19-year-old Jason Bren of Victoria, were taken to Ridgeview Medical Center in Chaska with non-life threatening injuries.
They were treated and released, according to Chaska police.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sentencing of South St. Paul Man in Murder of Minn. National Guardsman Delayed
- West. St. Paul Students to Plant Trees at Schools, Homes Ahead of Earth Day
- Twin Cities Mothers Combat Postpartum Depression
- Burnsville Fire Department Looks to Improve Response Times
- A Look Inside the Twin Cities Premium Outlets in Eagan
- Golden Valley Man Charged in Deadly Multi-Car Crash in Mpls. Last November
- Mpls. Mayor Hodges to Give 1st State of the City Address Thursday
- Como-Harriet Streetcar Line Needs Volunteers
- New Program Helps Organizations on Tight Budgets Save Money on Utility Bills
- New State-of-the-Art Building Opens at University of Minnesota