Shakopee Man Killed, 3 Injured in Chaska Crash | News
One person was killed and three others injured in a head-on crash in Chaska Friday evening.
The State Patrol says 40-year-old Martin Ballines Rios of Shakopee was killed when his compact car slammed into a pickup truck near Audubon Road and Wildwood Way around 7:20 p.m.
Authorities say Ballines Rios had been traveling southbound in the northbound lane of Audubon Road when the accident happened.
The driver of the pickup, 19-year-old Zachery Utecht of Victoria, and two passengers, 20-year-old Mallary Whittaker of Chaska and 19-year-old Jason Bren of Victoria, were taken to Ridgeview Medical Center in Chaska with non-life threatening injuries.
They were treated and released, according to Chaska police.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- St. Paul Man Charged in Drive-by Shooting in West St. Paul
- Woman Returns to Apple Valley Arby's to Thank Employees who Helped Save her Life
- Mendota Heights Swears in New Police Officer
- Quick Thinking of Coaches, Staff Saves Life of Mendota Heights HS Student
- Slight Chance of Severe Storms as More Rain Falls
- Mpls. Medical Clinic Cites Affordable Care Act as Reason for Closing
- Former Mpls. School Teacher to be Sentenced for Soliciting Sex from Minor
- Special Recovery Unit Rescues Man who Fell into Mpls. Grain Bins
- Jury Convicts Wayzata Couple of Theft by Swindle
- Man Falls 60 Feet while Exploring Vacant Grain Bins in Mpls.