Shakopee Man Killed, 3 Injured in Chaska Crash | News
One person was killed and three others injured in a head-on crash in Chaska Friday evening.
The State Patrol says 40-year-old Martin Ballines Rios of Shakopee was killed when his compact car slammed into a pickup truck near Audubon Road and Wildwood Way around 7:20 p.m.
Authorities say Ballines Rios had been traveling southbound in the northbound lane of Audubon Road when the accident happened.
The driver of the pickup, 19-year-old Zachery Utecht of Victoria, and two passengers, 20-year-old Mallary Whittaker of Chaska and 19-year-old Jason Bren of Victoria, were taken to Ridgeview Medical Center in Chaska with non-life threatening injuries.
They were treated and released, according to Chaska police.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AAA Report Shows Decline in Gas Prices from 2013
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Firefighters Battle Blaze at Tire Business in South St. Paul
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- Soldier Surprise: Mom Overjoyed on 5th Anniversary of Son's Death
- Apple Valley Man Charged with Stealing $113k from his own Youth Sports Association
- Finance Manager Accused of Stealing $113K from Rosemount Area Athletic Association
- Residency Case Targets Minn. GOP Legislator
- University of Minnesota Solar Car Takes 2nd Place in Cross-Country Race
- Kenilworth Residents Want Environmental Review for SWLRT Project
- Minnetonka Beach Man Charged for Running over Wife, Killing Her
- Commission Upholds Firing of 2 Mpls. Cops after 2013 Green Bay Incident