Shakopee Man Killed, 3 Injured in Chaska Crash | News
One person was killed and three others injured in a head-on crash in Chaska Friday evening.
The State Patrol says 40-year-old Martin Ballines Rios of Shakopee was killed when his compact car slammed into a pickup truck near Audubon Road and Wildwood Way around 7:20 p.m.
Authorities say Ballines Rios had been traveling southbound in the northbound lane of Audubon Road when the accident happened.
The driver of the pickup, 19-year-old Zachery Utecht of Victoria, and two passengers, 20-year-old Mallary Whittaker of Chaska and 19-year-old Jason Bren of Victoria, were taken to Ridgeview Medical Center in Chaska with non-life threatening injuries.
They were treated and released, according to Chaska police.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- United Way Reminds Minnesotans to Use 2-1-1
- Chanhassen Approves Ordinance to Reduce Sex Trafficking at Massage Businesses
- Holiday Shoppers in West Suburbs can Take Public Transportation to MOA
- Minnesota-based 3D Printer Giants Gear Up for Patent Battle
- Carver County Kicks Off Program Aimed at Helping its Veterans
- Police Search for Farmington Woman Missing Since Nov. 1
- Lakeville Teen Killed in Crash was Soccer Player, FCA Leader
- Snow Keeps Metro Emergency Rooms Busy with Weather-Related Injuries
- Sen. Al Franken Discusses College Affordability at Apple Valley Event
- Firefighters Battle Blaze at Burnsville Travelodge Hotel
- Nicollet Mall Redesign Revealed, Public Weighs In
- Minneapolis Woman Pays Rent, Still Gets Evicted From Home
- Como Neighborhood Residents File Class Action Lawsuit Against General Mills
- Mayor Rybak Talks Finances for Parking Garage, Park Near Vikings Stadium
- Charter Commission Proposes Fee Hike to Run for Mpls. Mayor, City Positions