Shakopee Man Killed, 3 Injured in Chaska Crash | News
One person was killed and three others injured in a head-on crash in Chaska Friday evening.
The State Patrol says 40-year-old Martin Ballines Rios of Shakopee was killed when his compact car slammed into a pickup truck near Audubon Road and Wildwood Way around 7:20 p.m.
Authorities say Ballines Rios had been traveling southbound in the northbound lane of Audubon Road when the accident happened.
The driver of the pickup, 19-year-old Zachery Utecht of Victoria, and two passengers, 20-year-old Mallary Whittaker of Chaska and 19-year-old Jason Bren of Victoria, were taken to Ridgeview Medical Center in Chaska with non-life threatening injuries.
They were treated and released, according to Chaska police.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Future of the Mississippi River is up for Debate
- Fire Damages Roof of Inver Grove Heights Elementary School
- Man Leads Police on High Speed Chase on Rosemount Police Training Track
- Man Arrested Months after Woman's Body Found in Dakota County Woods
- $1,000 Reward Offered in Mendota Heights Vandalism Cases
- Additional Police in North, South Mpls. through Labor Day
- North Mpls. Charter School Gets Upgrades During 'Annual Day of Volunteering'
- Shots Fired in Brooklyn Center SuperAmerica Parking Lot
- Minneapolis Police Shoot Dog During Unrelated Chase
- Plymouth to Host Groundbreaking Wednesday for I-494 Expansion Project