Crews Clean Up Big Mess from Big St. Patrick's Day Crowd in St. Paul | News
St. Paul officials say they saw one of the biggest St. Patrick's Day crowds in recent memory.
That big crowd seemed to leave a historically large mess as well. Street sweepers were seen buzzing around all morning long, getting the mess cleaned up.
Crews started Saturday when the party was still going. They made their first rounds at 8 p.m., then again when bars closed at 2 a.m. They were still hard at work after the sun came up Sunday morning.
St. Paul Public Works says this is the messiest it's been in years, which is to be expected because of the size of the crowd. They say the cleanup is going well overall, but with so many people Saturday it's going to take some extra time.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Plan Extra Time for a Slippery Monday Morning Commute
- Minnesota Car Fans Honor 'Fast and Furious' Actor Paul Walker
- United Way Reminds Minnesotans to Use 2-1-1
- Chanhassen Approves Ordinance to Reduce Sex Trafficking at Massage Businesses
- Holiday Shoppers in West Suburbs can Take Public Transportation to MOA
- Lindsey Vonn 'Ready for Sochi,' Finishes 5th in a World-Cup Super-G
- Changes to Road Were Planned Before Crash that Killed Lakeville Teen
- Police Search for Farmington Woman Missing Since Nov. 1
- Lakeville Teen Killed in Crash was Soccer Player, FCA Leader
- Snow Keeps Metro Emergency Rooms Busy with Weather-Related Injuries