Crews Clean Up Big Mess from Big St. Patrick's Day Crowd in St. Paul | News
St. Paul officials say they saw one of the biggest St. Patrick's Day crowds in recent memory.
That big crowd seemed to leave a historically large mess as well. Street sweepers were seen buzzing around all morning long, getting the mess cleaned up.
Crews started Saturday when the party was still going. They made their first rounds at 8 p.m., then again when bars closed at 2 a.m. They were still hard at work after the sun came up Sunday morning.
St. Paul Public Works says this is the messiest it's been in years, which is to be expected because of the size of the crowd. They say the cleanup is going well overall, but with so many people Saturday it's going to take some extra time.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Twin Cities Premium Outlets Announces 30 New Stores Ahead of Opening
- Future of the Mississippi River is up for Debate
- Fire Damages Roof of Inver Grove Heights Elementary School
- Man Leads Police on High Speed Chase on Rosemount Police Training Track
- Man Arrested Months after Woman's Body Found in Dakota County Woods