Crews Clean Up Big Mess from Big St. Patrick's Day Crowd in St. Paul | News
St. Paul officials say they saw one of the biggest St. Patrick's Day crowds in recent memory.
That big crowd seemed to leave a historically large mess as well. Street sweepers were seen buzzing around all morning long, getting the mess cleaned up.
Crews started Saturday when the party was still going. They made their first rounds at 8 p.m., then again when bars closed at 2 a.m. They were still hard at work after the sun came up Sunday morning.
St. Paul Public Works says this is the messiest it's been in years, which is to be expected because of the size of the crowd. They say the cleanup is going well overall, but with so many people Saturday it's going to take some extra time.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sentencing of South St. Paul Man in Murder of Minn. National Guardsman Delayed
- West. St. Paul Students to Plant Trees at Schools, Homes Ahead of Earth Day
- Twin Cities Mothers Combat Postpartum Depression
- Burnsville Fire Department Looks to Improve Response Times
- A Look Inside the Twin Cities Premium Outlets in Eagan
- Golden Valley Man Charged in Deadly Multi-Car Crash in Mpls. Last November
- Mpls. Mayor Hodges to Give 1st State of the City Address Thursday
- Como-Harriet Streetcar Line Needs Volunteers
- New Program Helps Organizations on Tight Budgets Save Money on Utility Bills
- New State-of-the-Art Building Opens at University of Minnesota