Crews Clean Up Big Mess from Big St. Patrick's Day Crowd in St. Paul | News
St. Paul officials say they saw one of the biggest St. Patrick's Day crowds in recent memory.
That big crowd seemed to leave a historically large mess as well. Street sweepers were seen buzzing around all morning long, getting the mess cleaned up.
Crews started Saturday when the party was still going. They made their first rounds at 8 p.m., then again when bars closed at 2 a.m. They were still hard at work after the sun came up Sunday morning.
St. Paul Public Works says this is the messiest it's been in years, which is to be expected because of the size of the crowd. They say the cleanup is going well overall, but with so many people Saturday it's going to take some extra time.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AAA Report Shows Decline in Gas Prices from 2013
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Firefighters Battle Blaze at Tire Business in South St. Paul
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- Soldier Surprise: Mom Overjoyed on 5th Anniversary of Son's Death
- Apple Valley Man Charged with Stealing $113k from his own Youth Sports Association
- Finance Manager Accused of Stealing $113K from Rosemount Area Athletic Association
- Sources: Minneapolis Man Died Trying to Protect Son from Gangs
- Man Hospitalized after Stabbing in South Minneapolis
- N. Mpls. Community Celebrates Life of Terrell Mayes on Would-Be 6th Birthday
- More Controversial Regulations Proposed for Tearing Down Homes in Mpls.
- General Mills Joins Climate Action Coalition