Crews Clean Up Big Mess from Big St. Patrick's Day Crowd in St. Paul | News
St. Paul officials say they saw one of the biggest St. Patrick's Day crowds in recent memory.
That big crowd seemed to leave a historically large mess as well. Street sweepers were seen buzzing around all morning long, getting the mess cleaned up.
Crews started Saturday when the party was still going. They made their first rounds at 8 p.m., then again when bars closed at 2 a.m. They were still hard at work after the sun came up Sunday morning.
St. Paul Public Works says this is the messiest it's been in years, which is to be expected because of the size of the crowd. They say the cleanup is going well overall, but with so many people Saturday it's going to take some extra time.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Motorcyclist Killed in Crash Near Mall of America
- FEMA Rejects Dakota Co. for Disaster Declaration<br />
- Burnsville Woman Accused of Cutting Brother with Knives over Wi-Fi Connection
- Federal, Local Officers Learn Hostage, Crisis Negotiation Techniques in Rosemount
- Two Charged in South St. Paul Drive-By Shooting
- Report: 2 Alleged Terrorists were Classmates at Robbinsdale Cooper High School
- Bloomington Man Says Indictment for Illegal Gambling is Unfair
- Police Chase Robbery Suspects across Twin Cities
- Minneapolis South HS Remembers Teen During Football Game
- Minneapolis Considering Accessory Dwelling Units, Holds Public Meeting