St. Paul Father Charged in Connection with Toddler Shooting | News
A St. Paul father has been charged with child endangerment after his toddler was shot in the head by a gun left in an unlocked cabinet.
According to a criminal complaint, 2-year-old Jacob Xiong was shot by his 9-year-old brother while their parents were at work. It happened on Aug. 2 after Jacob's brother found the gun in a file cabinet inside a bedroom.
The complaint says the 9-year-old thought the gun was locked, pointed it at his little brother's head, and pulled the trigger.
Jacob Xiong was shot through the left side of his forehead. He's being treated at Gillette Children's Hospital.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Minneapolis City Council Approves Spending Plan for Downtown East Project
- Holiday Greeting: Sgt. Jarred Greenhalge
- Holiday Greeting: Staff Sgt. Robert Mazur
- Crews Break Ground for Facility that will Bring 365 Jobs to Brooklyn Park
- 88-Year-Old Man Dies after Being Pulled from Indoor Pool in Golden Valley