St. Paul Father Charged in Connection with Toddler Shooting | News
A St. Paul father has been charged with child endangerment after his toddler was shot in the head by a gun left in an unlocked cabinet.
According to a criminal complaint, 2-year-old Jacob Xiong was shot by his 9-year-old brother while their parents were at work. It happened on Aug. 2 after Jacob's brother found the gun in a file cabinet inside a bedroom.
The complaint says the 9-year-old thought the gun was locked, pointed it at his little brother's head, and pulled the trigger.
Jacob Xiong was shot through the left side of his forehead. He's being treated at Gillette Children's Hospital.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Firefighters Battling Blaze at Tire Business in South St. Paul
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- Soldier Surprise: Mom Overjoyed on 5th Anniversary of Son's Death
- Apple Valley Man Charged with Stealing $113k from his own Youth Sports Association
- Finance Manager Accused of Stealing $113K from Rosemount Area Athletic Association
- Charity Golf Tournament in Maple Grove Giving Away BMW
- Minneapolis City Leaders Appeal for Calm after Arrest of Activist Al Flowers
- Cyclists, Walkers Take over Part of Central Ave. During 'Open Streets' Event
- Man Shot to Death after Argument on Mpls. Bus Identified
- Woman Hit by Car, Killed near Lake Minnetonka was Wife of Driver