St. Paul Father Charged in Connection with Toddler Shooting | News
A St. Paul father has been charged with child endangerment after his toddler was shot in the head by a gun left in an unlocked cabinet.
According to a criminal complaint, 2-year-old Jacob Xiong was shot by his 9-year-old brother while their parents were at work. It happened on Aug. 2 after Jacob's brother found the gun in a file cabinet inside a bedroom.
The complaint says the 9-year-old thought the gun was locked, pointed it at his little brother's head, and pulled the trigger.
Jacob Xiong was shot through the left side of his forehead. He's being treated at Gillette Children's Hospital.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- World's 3rd Oldest Snow Monkey to Turn 31 at Minnesota Zoo
- Model Airplane Enthusiasts Seek Permission to Fly in Scott County
- 1 Person Hurt in Plane Accident at Airlake Airport in Lakeville
- Twin Cities Schools Launch Minnesota Thursdays to Feature Foods from Local Farms
- New U of M Study Links using a Doula and Reduction in C-Sections