St. Paul Father Charged in Connection with Toddler Shooting | News
A St. Paul father has been charged with child endangerment after his toddler was shot in the head by a gun left in an unlocked cabinet.
According to a criminal complaint, 2-year-old Jacob Xiong was shot by his 9-year-old brother while their parents were at work. It happened on Aug. 2 after Jacob's brother found the gun in a file cabinet inside a bedroom.
The complaint says the 9-year-old thought the gun was locked, pointed it at his little brother's head, and pulled the trigger.
Jacob Xiong was shot through the left side of his forehead. He's being treated at Gillette Children's Hospital.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- New U of M Study Links using a Doula and Reduction in C-Sections
- Motorcyclist Identified in Deadly Crash near Mall of America
- West St. Paul Church Holds Garage Sale to Benefit Charities
- FEMA Rejects Dakota Co. for Disaster Declaration<br />
- Burnsville Woman Accused of Cutting Brother with Knives over Wi-Fi Connection