Digging Out from Under a Foot of Snow | News
Minnesota drivers woke up to hidden cars. Some areas of the metro saw 14 inches of snow piled on top of their cars this morning, meaning many people spent the morning digging out.
The back streets of St. Paul haven't yet been plowed, so many folks who park on the street had some heavy lifting to do this morning.
Many residents say they have lived through too many Minnesota winter storms and know the tricks on how to park and shovel out after a snow storm.
St. Paul resident Chris Schodt says he left his car on the road and used his girlfriends car yesterday, "We figured at least we'd have just one car to dig out in the morning."
"I tried to park on a hill so I could backup, I looked for a driveway cause I knew they were going to plow out," said St. Paul resident Mike Kulka.
One trick a St. Paul resident shared, when parking pull backwards and forward to create a path in front and behind your tires.
That way, the next morning you won't spin a deep rut when trying to get out.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AAA Report Shows Decline in Gas Prices from 2013
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Fallen Mendota Heights Officer Remembered as 'Gentle,' 'Dedicated'
- Reporter's Notebook: Tragic Shooting of Mendota Heights Police Officer
- Witnesses Rushed to Help Mendota Heights Officer after Gunshots
- Police Locate Suspect's Vehicle in Officer Shooting Manhunt
- 2 Indicted on 1st Degree Murder Charges in Death of Anarae Schunk
- New, Inclusive Playground Opens at Minnehaha Regional Park
- Abbott Dedicates Spot for Book St. Paul Man Dying of Cancer Wrote to Sons
- MnSCU Reaches Deal with University Faculty
- Brooklyn Center Teen Killed in Crash Described as 'Kind' and 'Talented'
- Residents Near Minnehaha Park Voice Concerns about Parking