Woman Found Swimming in Mississippi River | News
A woman’s early morning swim from Minneapolis to St. Paul brought out the fire department.
Officials say a woman got into the Mississippi River near Minnehaha Falls around 2 a.m. Tuesday and swam all the way to Hidden Falls Park in St. Paul. The woman was picked up by the Minneapolis Fire Department and put into an ambulance for evaluation.
While it’s not illegal to swim across the Mississippi, officials say most people who do it drown.
No charges will be filed at this time.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Twin Cities Premium Outlets Announces 30 New Stores Ahead of Opening
- Future of the Mississippi River is up for Debate
- Fire Damages Roof of Inver Grove Heights Elementary School
- Man Leads Police on High Speed Chase on Rosemount Police Training Track
- Man Arrested Months after Woman's Body Found in Dakota County Woods