Woman Found Swimming in Mississippi River | News
A woman’s early morning swim from Minneapolis to St. Paul brought out the fire department.
Officials say a woman got into the Mississippi River near Minnehaha Falls around 2 a.m. Tuesday and swam all the way to Hidden Falls Park in St. Paul. The woman was picked up by the Minneapolis Fire Department and put into an ambulance for evaluation.
While it’s not illegal to swim across the Mississippi, officials say most people who do it drown.
No charges will be filed at this time.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- World's 3rd Oldest Snow Monkey to Turn 31 at Minnesota Zoo
- Model Airplane Enthusiasts Seek Permission to Fly in Scott County
- 1 Person Hurt in Plane Accident at Airlake Airport in Lakeville
- Twin Cities Schools Launch Minnesota Thursdays to Feature Foods from Local Farms
- New U of M Study Links using a Doula and Reduction in C-Sections