Woman Found Swimming in Mississippi River | News
A woman’s early morning swim from Minneapolis to St. Paul brought out the fire department.
Officials say a woman got into the Mississippi River near Minnehaha Falls around 2 a.m. Tuesday and swam all the way to Hidden Falls Park in St. Paul. The woman was picked up by the Minneapolis Fire Department and put into an ambulance for evaluation.
While it’s not illegal to swim across the Mississippi, officials say most people who do it drown.
No charges will be filed at this time.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Source: 'Drivers License Records Accessed 7k Times'; Metro Transit Confirms Investigation
- Average Prices for Minn. Homes on the Rise
- Minnesota Runners Share What Boston Strong Means to Them
- SW Mpls. Residents Demand Answers in Delay of Crime Alert
- Minneapolis Group Builds New Lives Through Green Deconstruction