Woman Found Swimming in Mississippi River | News
A woman’s early morning swim from Minneapolis to St. Paul brought out the fire department.
Officials say a woman got into the Mississippi River near Minnehaha Falls around 2 a.m. Tuesday and swam all the way to Hidden Falls Park in St. Paul. The woman was picked up by the Minneapolis Fire Department and put into an ambulance for evaluation.
While it’s not illegal to swim across the Mississippi, officials say most people who do it drown.
No charges will be filed at this time.
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AAA Report Shows Decline in Gas Prices from 2013
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- 2 Indicted on 1st Degree Murder Charges in Death of Anarae Schunk
- Northfield Police Looking for Shooting Suspect Believed to be Threat to Public
- Sheriff: No Prior Criminal History for Mendota Heights Man Killed in Alleged Home Invasion
- Firefighters Battle Blaze at Tire Business in South St. Paul
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- Maple Grove Man who Lost Legs in 2013 Boating Accident is Back on Water
- Minnetonka Beach Man Charged for Running over Wife, Killing Her
- N. Mpls. Community Celebrates Life of Terrell Mayes on Would-Be 6th Birthday
- Wirth Lake in Golden Valley Removed from Minnesota's Impaired Waters List
- Man Hospitalized after Stabbing in South Mpls.; Police Look for Suspect