Woman Found in Mississippi River Still Unidentified | News
Law enforcement officials are still trying to determine the identity of a woman found dead in the Mississippi River in St. Paul more than a month ago.
The Ramsey County medical examiner's office says the woman drowned, but how that happened has not been determined.
The office's chief investigator, Don Gorrie, tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press the office will submit information about the woman to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System.
Police say an employee of St. Paul Yacht Club, near the High Bridge, noticed the woman's body Oct. 14 lodged in some branches and debris.
The woman is described as between 16 to 40 years old, likely African-American, 5 feet 11 inches tall and about 170 pounds, with short hair.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Model Airplane Enthusiasts Seek Permission to Fly in Scott County
- 1 Person Hurt in Plane Accident at Airlake Airport in Lakeville
- Twin Cities Schools Launch Minnesota Thursdays to Feature Foods from Local Farms
- New U of M Study Links using a Doula and Reduction in C-Sections
- Motorcyclist Identified in Deadly Crash near Mall of America