Woman Found in Mississippi River Still Unidentified | News
Law enforcement officials are still trying to determine the identity of a woman found dead in the Mississippi River in St. Paul more than a month ago.
The Ramsey County medical examiner's office says the woman drowned, but how that happened has not been determined.
The office's chief investigator, Don Gorrie, tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press the office will submit information about the woman to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System.
Police say an employee of St. Paul Yacht Club, near the High Bridge, noticed the woman's body Oct. 14 lodged in some branches and debris.
The woman is described as between 16 to 40 years old, likely African-American, 5 feet 11 inches tall and about 170 pounds, with short hair.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Source: 'Drivers License Records Accessed 7k Times'; Metro Transit Confirms Investigation
- Average Prices for Minn. Homes on the Rise
- Minnesota Runners Share What Boston Strong Means to Them
- SW Mpls. Residents Demand Answers in Delay of Crime Alert
- Minneapolis Group Builds New Lives Through Green Deconstruction