Woman Found in Mississippi River Still Unidentified | News
Law enforcement officials are still trying to determine the identity of a woman found dead in the Mississippi River in St. Paul more than a month ago.
The Ramsey County medical examiner's office says the woman drowned, but how that happened has not been determined.
The office's chief investigator, Don Gorrie, tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press the office will submit information about the woman to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System.
Police say an employee of St. Paul Yacht Club, near the High Bridge, noticed the woman's body Oct. 14 lodged in some branches and debris.
The woman is described as between 16 to 40 years old, likely African-American, 5 feet 11 inches tall and about 170 pounds, with short hair.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Future of the Mississippi River is up for Debate
- Fire Damages Roof of Inver Grove Heights Elementary School
- Man Leads Police on High Speed Chase on Rosemount Police Training Track
- Man Arrested Months after Woman's Body Found in Dakota County Woods
- $1,000 Reward Offered in Mendota Heights Vandalism Cases
- North Mpls. Charter School Gets Upgrades During 'Annual Day of Volunteering'
- Shots Fired in Brooklyn Center SuperAmerica Parking Lot
- Minneapolis Police Shoot Dog During Unrelated Chase
- Plymouth to Host Groundbreaking Wednesday for I-494 Expansion Project
- Retail Exodus in Downtown Mpls. Continues Amid Residential Building Boom