Woman Found in Mississippi River Still Unidentified | News
Law enforcement officials are still trying to determine the identity of a woman found dead in the Mississippi River in St. Paul more than a month ago.
The Ramsey County medical examiner's office says the woman drowned, but how that happened has not been determined.
The office's chief investigator, Don Gorrie, tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press the office will submit information about the woman to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System.
Police say an employee of St. Paul Yacht Club, near the High Bridge, noticed the woman's body Oct. 14 lodged in some branches and debris.
The woman is described as between 16 to 40 years old, likely African-American, 5 feet 11 inches tall and about 170 pounds, with short hair.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Ramsey County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AAA Report Shows Decline in Gas Prices from 2013
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Firefighters Battle Blaze at Tire Business in South St. Paul
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- Soldier Surprise: Mom Overjoyed on 5th Anniversary of Son's Death
- Apple Valley Man Charged with Stealing $113k from his own Youth Sports Association
- Finance Manager Accused of Stealing $113K from Rosemount Area Athletic Association